1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 7 RC1 made available for download

Discussion in 'News' started by wagnerk, May 1, 2009.

1. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Windows 7 RC1 made available for download

Microsoft made the first release candidate of Windows 7 available for free download on Thursday. In an unprecedented move for the company, the software will run on a user's PC for more than a year.

Windows 7 RC1 can be downloaded now by MSDN, TechBeta and TechNet subscribers, and the general public will be able to download it on 5 May. There is no limit to how many copies can be downloaded. The software will run until 1 June, 2010, in what a Microsoft marketing manager described to ZDNet UK as a "try before you buy" scenario.

"There is no cap on the amount of downloads [of Windows 7 RC1]," Laurence Painell said...

Read the rest of the article here.

Compliments to Obinna Osobalu for the article.

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip

1. nugget
      I downloaded it yesterday and also installed it too. I've got to say that it's a vast improvement over the beta and also vista. Much faster than before and it also uses a lot less memory and resources.
    2. wagnerk
      Cool, I'm still downloading it :)