Windows 7 machine auto logon

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by shadowwebs, Aug 23, 2012.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

i have a windows 7 machine in the office that i need to set to auto logon, i have amended the default user name and password, along with domain & set autologon to 1 all in registry as local administrator.

none of this has worked, any ideas?

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

have you tried tapping in "netplwiz" and on the users tab uncheck the users must enter a password box.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. taho

taho New Member

Try Logonexpert it works with and handles most non standard configs where registry does not (search google, I cannot paste the links unfortunately)

4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

This works quite well but you need to ensure you don't have any password enforcement gpo settings otherwise it will lock the account out when the password expires.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA