Windows 7 Exam(s) End Of Life

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Jaron78, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Hi Guys,

I am looking to take the Network+ in November, I have taken the 70-680 4 times now I think and I have failed every time. Looking back over my scores and it seems to be my Configuring Network Connectivity is having serious implications on my scores.

I have seen recently that the Windows 8 Exam's are being retired soon, is there an End of Life for the 70-680 / 70-686?

Thanks,

Ron

garycul likes this.
  2. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

Hi Ron,

I've not seen anything about the 70-680, 685/686 exams being retired and so you will probably be OK for at least 6 months.

My personal view is that a lot of enterprises moved to 7, from XP and so I suspect the certificate will keep inline with the end of support for the Win 7 product.

Good luck with the studying, you may find it easier to pass the 70-680 and the doing the Net+. You may find doing both quite hard due to all the new concepts between each subject. Of course it is up to you. Focus on the weaker areas of your transcript is definitely the right place to start. Perhaps consider getting the transcendor exams to help you practice the particular areas you're struggling with.

3. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Thanks @crazy horse .

I am of the same opinion, hence why I havent really looked at any 8, 8.1 or 10 certificates.
    I am aiming to have the Network+ done by November, then go back to the 70-680 for the 5th time.

I have the Transcender for the 70-680 and I think I know them too well. I was hitting high scores on that, then medium to low scores on the actual exam.

Using Messer, Myers Book and CBT Nuggets for the Network+ so hopefully that will help me push through it.