Windows 7 exam-experience

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Miro, May 18, 2009.

1. Miro

Miro Byte Poster

Hi everyone.
    I did the Windows 7 exam today. I was not prepared well for it.
    I've spend around one month with Windows 7. It is not much I think. Windows 7 has got so many features. However I did concentrate on the new features in W7. And that paid off.
    I do not expect to pass the exam. There were questions which surprised me a bit.
    But who knows.
    Generally I think the exam was not as difficult as I thought. For experience IT guy who knows windows XP and Vista it should be not a problem. For me I was a bit struggling. Even so I was sure of correct answers for at least 30% of all questions.

Certifications: A+ IT Technician
    WIP: MCDST, Network+
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck, we'll have to wait about 2 months now for the results :(

But hey, it's free :)

I have to disagree with you there, on my exam even if you know XP & Vista you would struggle. But then again, it's down to the pool of questions that gets allocated to you.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Miro

Miro Byte Poster

Thanx. Yes we need to wait for the results.
    I did expect some simulations on the exam. But it was mostly as usual.
    If you do not know which answer to click than just guess it.
    About the XP and Vista - I think that if you know them well than it is easy to say what part of the correct answer does not belong to Windows 7. But of course that does not mean you will pass even if you are XP and Vista master.

Certifications: A+ IT Technician
    WIP: MCDST, Network+