Windows 2003/2008 Exam information

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by Theprof, May 15, 2012.

1. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hey guys,

One of the things I noticed, is we often get asked questions about Windows exams and a lot of these questions come from new members. Some questions are related to upgrade paths, some are regarding objectives of a specific exam or exams, questions regarding experience before taking exams, study recommendations, what books to use, lab preparation, etc..

We also have some pinned threads such as Exam objects, study guides, reviews, etc that were done by some members of this forum which is very helpful!

One of the things I think that we should do is keep the exam objectives page updated as much as possible. Create more pinned threads with recommendations for study material like books, CBTs, practice exams, labs, study techniques, etc.

I know when I first signed up on this forum and when I was doing the exams, this kind of information would of saved me a lot of time and would of helped me pass exams. Over the years I've developed my own methods of preparing for the exams which I will definitely share with everyone.

Do you guys have any recommendations as to what else we should include in the Windows Server 2003 / 2008 Exams section?

Last edited: May 15, 2012
    Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  2. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Maybe things like exam type, so its it the usual multiple choice or is it more based around the simmulation type.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

The MCITP covers a lot of material for Server 2008, perhaps a roadmap of recommended exam order, along with necessary experience/requirements regarding each exam?

I know everyone is different, but having a thread to point the 'I'm new, what exams should I take' posters to would be great.

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  4. mojorisin

mojorisin Kilobyte Poster

Practice Labs would be good ie Did you make your lab different to the books/online suggestions and if so why

WIP: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services MD-100
  5. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

I completely agree with this - my imagination is poor in comparison to my technical skills (hence why I can't do programming/coding that well at uni - couldn't stand the non-purpose based coding) - but would have appreciated a couple of network diagrams/suggestions for something to practice on.

Actually, I haven't found this anywhere else (especially for every possible exam) so could be something that puts CF on the map.

I agree with Boffy as well about a roadmap. Some of MS's are either a bit vague or complex, I'm sure we could create something simpler. I was trying to understand the new MCSE 2012 the other day and was lost at the amount of web links I had to click through to get a sort-of answer - a good A4 pdf would probably be spot on.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Cool, thanks for the input guys, I'll start putting some stuff together and we'll go from there.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA