Windows 10 problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Johnd76, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Hi folks,

Over the last week or so something strange has been happening, when my laptop is sitting idle for a number or time, apps open themselves!

It was just the settings app but since yesterday the settings, calendar and windows store apps are opening.

any help would be great

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Doggey touchpad sticking? If when pressing down and the touch buttons stick that could cause an issue had something similar.

3. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Well an update...

I went in and turned off Superfetch in the services and the programs haven't opened up since I did that, we will see how long this lasts

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  4. Inaserty

Inaserty New Member

i also have the same problem, how do you solve it ?

5. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

TBH as said sticky keys or similar or.... check scheduled tasks. I don't know why but as soon as I read that I thought, it sounds like a prank to me. See if someone has put a time to in to start random programs

Click the lower-left Start button, enter schedule in the empty box and select Schedule tasks from the results.

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  6. nudookj

nudookj New Member

I have a similar issue. The computer starts randomly after being closed for hours. I heard it is an issue of latest update.