Windows 10 exams

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by shadowwebs, Jun 28, 2015.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

So... yes I know that it's not even out there yet for general release and that no exam detail is around yet (not that I can find anyway), but do you think Windows 10 will be the next best thing to study after Windows 7... seeing as Windows 8 is most likely being / been bypassed by most organisations.

Some of the PCs at my workplace are only just moving over to Windows 7 (most were already there but a handful were on XP still), and so I feel it's likely we will jump Win 8 (and 8.1) in favour of 10.

Opinions?

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I was never convinced that versioning exams along with OS releases, made any real sense.

Now it seems Microsoft think OS versions make no sense either.

So basically the whole thing has become a moot point. Learn how to use the OS, don't worry about pointless numbers, or pointless features.

3. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I think MS have the right idea by not introducing new OS and just building on Windows 10, though I cant help but feel people will cling onto Windows 7 for along time yet, I think Windows 8 has made people more sceptical of new OS.. I guess eventually they will have to move to Windows 10 when MS ends support for it and software stops working on it.. best to get to grips with windows 10 ASAP.

4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Windows 7 was vista with the bugs fixed and major kernel improvements, Hyper V, etc.
    Windows 8 is just Windows 7 with new UI and Windows Store.
    Windows 10 pretty much is Windows 8.

The idea that you have to 'learn a new OS', is pretty ridiculous, 90% of its the same, there are still hundreds of apps in there that have been around since Windows 2000. Many of them don't even render correctly in 4k.

Businesses have everything they need in Windows 7, there is simply no features for them in Windows 8 or Windows 10.

5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Don't know to be honest. We've currently deployed Windows 8.1 to the majority of our computers already, currently testing Windows 10 (beta) with the view of deployment next year.

Being certified crazy, I mean certified for every MS desktop OS since 2000 and stopped with Windows 7. I very much doubt that I will be studying for the Windows 10 desktop OS, but may look at the server version (server 2016) as I've continued that cert track since 2000.

I think that if you're job role is desktop support/tier1/tier2 then yes go for it :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. Oro

Oro Bit Poster

Sooo. Guys.

About to do the the 70-680 and the 70-685.

Is it a good idea now, considering the Windows 10 is around the corner? Or is it worth waiting for the MTA's to be updated if I want to add some client side MS certs to my CV? Windows 10 is shaping up to be the next 7.

Certifications: Comptia A+