Will someone check my CV when you have a spare 10 minutes?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by generic_eric, Mar 23, 2014.

1. generic_eric

generic_eric Bit Poster

I have spent the past week working on my CV in the hope of landing my first job in IT. My boss at my curent job has given it the once over and thinks it is 100 times better than my old version.

i curently work in a helpdesk invironment, do i make it clear in my cv?

I would appreciate some comments/ feedback as to whether you think it will help or hinder me....

all the best

Sam

Attached Files:

• CV1.doc
      File size:
      25 KB
      Views:
  2. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

the first problem I spot is that you have mentioned the names of the companies you worked for, but no mention of your job title. You have mentioned that you will be doing the compTIA September 2014, have you already started the course / study or booked the exam?

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  3. generic_eric

generic_eric Bit Poster

I was told that i should just put the company and outline my main duties. I was also unsure (hence i posted on here) so I left them out. i am going to re edit and put them back in. in fact i just have!

I am currently waiting until payday to buy my self study materials and exam voucher for the MTA 98-349 – Windows Operating System Fundementals (June 2014) my work pc has only just been upgraded too win 7 so im am not that used too it yet (im on ubuntu at home) I plan to obtain it in june at the latest then start studying for the a+ for september.

thanks for the input pal