1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will passing the Network + extend the expiry date of my A+

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by paulwatson5, Mar 21, 2014.

1. paulwatson5

paulwatson5 Byte Poster

Hi, i passed my A+ in December 2011 and on my cert card it says my exam will expire on 12th June 2014.

I have been studying the Network + for a while now on/off and im about to get back on track and book the exam in the coming months once i am confident that i can get over 80% on practice exams etc.

My question is, if i pass the Network + exam BEFORE my CompTIA A+ expires (BEFORE 12/06/2014) will it extend the expiry date of the A+??

I'm 90% sure it will, but just wanted some confirmation if possible.

Tried looking on the comptia website but couldnt really find that specific question/answer.

Any help appreciated!!

Certifications: CompTIA A+ (220-701 & 220-702)
    WIP: CompTIA Network +
  2. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Yes it will do, as long as you pass and become certified Network+ before the expiry of your A+ certification. Check out the pages for compTIA Continuing Education which this is featured

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  3. paulwatson5

paulwatson5 Byte Poster

Great!! Just realised that date date of expiry is the "American version" which i thought at first was 12th June, it is in fact 6th December, thankfully.....

Thats given me time and a real kick up the butt to get the Network + out of the way!!!

Certifications: CompTIA A+ (220-701 & 220-702)
    WIP: CompTIA Network +