Will it be o.k if I take 70-271 without looking at 70-272

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by demarrer, May 3, 2009.

1. demarrer

demarrer Byte Poster

Hi,

Looking to take my 70-271 at the end of the month - fingers crossed. It is o.k just to take this exam without looking to much into 70-272 or do you reckon I'm at a disadvantage by not studying the 272 in depth first?

It looks like there is a lot of over lap between the exams.

P.S it is me or is the MCDST material pretty dry? trying to keep the motivation going with buckets of coffee:biggrin

Certifications: A+, Security +, CCNA, CCSA
    WIP: music, (dreaming of) CCIE Security :D
  2. simonp83

simonp83 Kilobyte Poster

I studied for and passed the 271 before even looking into the 272, so you'll be fine.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP
    WIP: 70-291
  3. demarrer

demarrer Byte Poster

cheers! :D

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

You'll be fine, studying for them separately.

You just wait until you start some of the higher stuff...

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. demarrer

demarrer Byte Poster

Cheers Ken - already had a quick peek at the MCSA to back up what I will be doing at work as I'm getting much more involved in server admin at the moment - and yep those books look like monsters and dry as a board:cry:

However, before I do that I'm looking at making a quick detour for the security + cert. I downloaded a chapter from the sybex certified material from comptia site which made me realise how dry the MS books are!! I thought that before I get the MCSA/MCSE under my belt, I like the idea of having a good grounding in security before I start getting even more involved in server admin.

You know of any other good security certs out there? I've heard of the CEH, and checked out the prereq's but its too advanced for me at the moment.

Cheers again.