Will I Get Job? Read This!!!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by serchingeye, Nov 7, 2007.

1. serchingeye

serchingeye New Member

Hi Friends,
    Raghu 20 Male From India Here,
    I Finished My High Scholl Sucessfully,
    BUt I Failed Pre-University COurce 12th,
    But I Am Very Much Intrested In COmputers
    So I Complted N+ MCSE CCNA Security+ CEH
    Will I Get Job?
    Is Graduation Is Must?
    I Am Ready To Work Anywhere In The Word,
    If Anybody Think You Have Job FOr Me,
    Please PM Me
    And Answer For My Questions, Suggestions Always Welcome

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome, please introduce yourself here.

As for your question, nothing is stopping you from getting a job. Depending on where you are, plus the job market in your area will dictate how hard or easy finding your first job will be.

However, how & why did you complete the MCSE, which is a high level professional certification?

Apart from that, keep your eye's open for job fairs, adverts on the web and adverts in the newspaper and start applying. You may find that it could take years to find your first job and/or depending on the culture, you may find that you may have to take some form of higher education.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

what experience do you have ?

grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

What materials did you use to pass all them exams?, its alot to have for such a young person!

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

especially by someone who failed a pre-university course

grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
  6. purplejade

purplejade Nibble Poster

Hi ,

Either I am daft, or somebody is taking a Mickey at Indians... Searchingeye if you are genuine, My apologies,
    if not, has one of these applicant got better of you ? You've only got to look around the world and in all major global IT companies and see that there are lots of Indians who have contributed immensely...

Certifications: CCNA N+
    WIP: A+
  7. Stoney

Stoney Megabyte Poster

Purplejade,

The reason behind the questioning is because Searchingeye has a lot of qualifications, yet he doesn't appear to have worked in the IT industry at all. This in itself is not a bad thing, but you have to wonder how these qualifications were achieved without the experience to backup the learning.

The Microsoft and Cisco certs are harder enough for seasoned IT professionals, let alone someone who has not worked in IT. It is recommended pre-requisite for the MCSE track to have at least 1 years experiencing supporting 500 - 2000 users over 3 locations, so it is suprising to see someone so well qualified with no experience.

I am not saying that Searchingeye has obtained his certs through nefarious means, but it does beg the question of how the certs were obtained? If Searchingeye has achieved these certs through his own hardwork and study then I take my hat off to him, because he has acheived something a lot of people would struggle to. However, this industry is plagued by people that use braindumps and cheatsites to pass these certification exams and expect to waltz straight into the IT industry.

I think the questions asked are totally reasonable and nothing less than what I would expect an employer to ask a prospective candidate. I do not see any mickey taking of anyone of any creed or colour, and I am certain that the staff and members of this forum would not stand for that sort of behaviour anyway.

Certifications: 25 + 50 metre front crawl
    WIP: MCSA - Exam 70-270
  8. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

what he said :)

Searchingeye if you have experience to back up those certs you should have no trouble finding a job in any country.

grim

9. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF searchingeye and I must say am impressed by your cert accompliments:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  10. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome

Searchineye what course did you fail for pre-uni course?

I would have thought with all those certs uni would be a breeze :)

And I agree with what Stoney said.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  11. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

My answer will be the same regardless of sex, origin, creed, etc. Apart from the entry level certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST and the like, other higher professional certs such as the MCSE should reflect your job role and responsibilities and not used for entry level positions.

There is no doubt that there are Indian's who have contributed immensely, however there are alot of people not from India who have contributed immensely also.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  12. purplejade

purplejade Nibble Poster

Hi, Stoney

I agree fully with your comments... what I meant by my remarks ( or atleast thats how I felt ) is that somebody to have these qualifications and not write proper english is a bit strange...and the PROFILE posted was made up to take a dig... also having failed 12th which is a pre-university exams, and have passed all this certifications is next to impossible ( which basically implies that he has passed his certifications by using brain dumps..)

PS: the title "Will I Get Job? Read This!!!

Certifications: CCNA N+
    WIP: A+
  13. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

It's quite a simple task for a staff member to check whether the IP address came from India.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  14. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings. You seem to already have passed a number of IT certification exams but you aren't going to be highly employable without some practical experience. The one certification that would likely help you the most is missing from your list: A+. Since without experience you will need to apply for entry-level jobs, the A+ will be the most helpful in landing your first helpdesk or desktop support position.

I don't know about the job situation in India (yes, I checked his IP...he genuine), but in the U.S. (and probably in the U.K.), you don't absolutely need a university degree to get a technical support job. That said, it really depends on what your goals are and that's hard to tell with the list of certifications you have.

I'm sorry, but I have to ask this...do you *really* have your MCSE??? Without practical experience in a production environment, it seems very difficult to believe that you earned that level of certification. The MCSE is an extremely challenging set of exams to pass and you don't pass them just by reading a few books.

Frankly, I think you've hurt your chances of entering the IT job market by gaining so many certifications without gaining the experience to go along with them. As far as working anywhere in the world, I wouldn't set my goals quite so far just yet. It will be harder to get a job outside your own country with no experience than it will if you stay where you are and try to build up your CV by doing entry-level IT work.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  15. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I agree with the above statement, with the exception of the bolded part: although someone might be well certified, they are NOT well qualified without the experience.

Rep added, Stoney. :thumbleft

In any case, those advanced certifications are not going to help Raghu/serchingeye get an advanced job because he doesn't have the experience, and they won't help him get an entry-level job because entry-level jobs don't involve those sort of skills.

Absolutely true. Rep added for Trip as well.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  16. Stoney

Stoney Megabyte Poster

Ahh, I understand where you are coming from now. :)

Yes, that is true, wrong choice of word on my part. :)

Certifications: 25 + 50 metre front crawl
    WIP: MCSA - Exam 70-270