Why

Discussion in 'Networks' started by metrock 66, Apr 3, 2008.

1. metrock 66

metrock 66 Byte Poster

Hi all, can some one tell me why when i click on a link of a web page it does not always respond and if it does it is very very slow. Sometimes when i click the link there is the small hour glass that appears but it can stay there for upto 10sec even then i have to click it again sometimes. Its just really annoying....

Certifications: None
    WIP: Just started A+
  2. TimoftheC

TimoftheC Kilobyte Poster

This could be down to a few things but the suggestion is that it is only happening "sometimes" which I assume means that clicking on links to other sites works just fine. If that is the case, I would suggest that the problem is down to the server hosting the site that you are trying to access. Again, this could be a few things to a poor server struggling to cope or just a really busy connection.

You could try running Tracert to the site and a few others and compare the results. It might be that one of the routers that the signal has to go through is just slow (malfunctioning, needs updating, is very busy etc) and there could just be a bottleneck at that particular "hop" in the journey.

If you not sure about using Tracert, have a look at this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracert or just google it - lots of stuff on the net for it.

Hope that helps

Certifications: A+; Network+
    WIP: MCDST???
  3. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Just an additional point, i have cookiesafe and noscript installed on my firefox browser and it usually lists other sites for avatars and lordknows what else, for lots of websites, so its interesting how content is being grabbed from all over the place.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  4. TimoftheC

TimoftheC Kilobyte Poster

Just realised this thread is in the "just for laughs" forum - someone pulling my leg or what:oops:

Certifications: A+; Network+
    WIP: MCDST???
  5. metrock 66

metrock 66 Byte Poster

Dont know why it ended up here but hey.... And no one is pulling ya leg

Certifications: None
    WIP: Just started A+