WHY IS NO ONE REPLYING

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by greenbrucelee, Mar 21, 2007.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

i really need some help on my previous question it would be very much appreciated

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

What question?

Sorry, we're all drunk...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

There is no need to start a new thread to try and get answers to your original question. From looking at the time you posted your 1st post, it has only been 20 mins or so. Please try to bea bit more patient, we all have lives as well you know.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I have a HND in BUsiness computing and want to get into IT support or a DBA roll and IT manager I know told me I should do a microsoft certification and forget about a+ as he had never heard of it. BUt I have known of it for quite some time.

I am confused on what I should do

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

couldnt have said it more politely AJ.

If you want to work in IT, get rid of the expectation of an immediate answer to your query. Few things annoy me more than the customer that expects their problem to be solved within minutes of reporting it. And if you want instant advice, go visit a career advisor, or phone a helpline, you arent going to get one posting to a forum.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

This isn't a chat room... it's a forum. :blink

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I've lost track of the witty and educational posts that I've made which have been ignored by all.

Don't forget, this is a forum.
    We'll help if we can, but we can't necessarily solve your problems...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  8. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

What do you want to do though? Forget what the "IT Manager" has said. :rolleyes:

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  9. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

JMX..... Lol..:lol:

Certifications: BA (Hons), A+
    WIP: 70-685 77-884
  10. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Hmm, then this IT manager is not very knowledgable, hence i wouldn't heed their advice.

Here's mine.. self study the A+ as it's a good solid entry level foundation course for anybody wanting to get into IT.

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  11. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Steve, your question was answered by several people in the Introduction/New Members forum. It's not considered polite to start another thread just to get an answer to a previously started thread. Also, the use of all capitalization in the thread title is considered "shouting" and most of us don't like being yelled at.

Like someone previously said, this is a forum, not a chat room. There isn't someone available 24/7 to immediately answer all questions posed the moment they are posted. We (believe it or not) have lives which include work, family, and other activities.

As you can see, if you wait a reasonable period of time, someone will pop in and reply. This isn't an emergency room and no one dies if they have to wait an hour or two for a response. Patience, please. You'll last longer.

-Trip

Certifications: A+ and Network+