Why is it....

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Fergal1982, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Against the T's&C's to obtain the actual exam questions for IT certifications, but its perfectly acceptable to obtain and 'revise' actual DVLA Theory Test questions?

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

lol, I didn't know that.

I remember when I took the test. I was just told to read the whole highway code and I could get tested on anything.

They have probably made it easy because some of the kids today are really thick. I have to work with some and they are retarded.

One kid I know bought a car before realising he couldn't afford the insurance this same kid got a a credit card and thought the bank was just being nice to him and giving him a card with £400 limit. He never knew he had to pay it back.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Im afraid that its expected these days to get something for nothing so that doesnt surprise me much GBL. Some people just dont get exposed to what having or not having money actually means so they dont know any different, they just expect it to grow on tree's.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  4. DC Pr0Mo

DC Pr0Mo Kilobyte Poster

It's a bit like when I was at uni, we got past exam papers that had questions that were in the actual exam that I sat.

I guess it was about knowing the format and type of questions that would be asked, rather than the giving people the actual answers to the questions.

Certifications: MCDST | BSc Network Computing | 365 Fundamentals
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Each vendor/certification body has it's own rule/regs and T&C's that people have to adhere to if they want to be legit.

While I do find it funny that you can get the official exam questions, there's also 2 other exams that you have to pass in order to obtain the full driving licence. And it's very hard to know or predict the actual driving test :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: PGDip Cyber Security
  6. mattstevenson

mattstevenson Byte Poster

Because IT is for intelligent people; driving's for, well, less intelligent people generally.

:)

Certifications: Triple A+. Network+, CCENT
    WIP: MCP, ICND2, Sec+
  7. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

with the Theory - the government gains. more people on the road, more drivers. more more... of course there is the down side

with the IT side - the government does not gain as much - leaves the regulations to a third party

8. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Drugs

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  9. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Hah! :p

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA