Why do people prefer prometric centres for Microsoft?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by supernova, Nov 5, 2008.

1. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Why do people prefer prometric centres for Microsoft?

The pearsonvue place i took my A+ was excellent! so i presume its not to do with facilities?

Andi

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Because Pearson no longer do Microsoft exams.

8)

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

The truth of it as Jonny says is that we have no choice and I'd imagine that many of us who have experienced mid exam freezing and crashing would love to have the choice of exam provider back again!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  4. supernova

The centre i went to had Pearson VUE all over the place but still did MS, so i guess these centres are fully independent and can belong to both?

5. supernova

That would be a good answer .. LOL

6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

If they still do MS exams, then they are also a Prometric testing centre. Companies that offer these exams can be both (Vue & Prometric) testing centres.

Just take Tresham Instititute for example, they are a Vue testing centre, a Certiport testing centre and currently working towards Prometric testing centre status.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Yes, they can. We (the company I work for) do exams for 5 exam providers, including Prometric and Vue.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP