Why are the exam dates so few and far between?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by No Guts No Glory!, Apr 12, 2010.

1. adencool

adencool Bit Poster

I understand all the arguments being put her but...

at my local testing centre i cannot get any test date within the next 6 weeks.
    when it has been like this before, and i have got in, generally there is only myself on the test list at the centre.

the problem is the centre also offers peason vue test, and i can book any date and any time i want for a cisco test, it just seams a bit strange to me?

Certifications: HNC,Mcdst,MCITP:SA,MCTS,MCSA
    WIP: mcitp:ea
  2. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

Nope afraid not, we let our 2 full time TCA's go and trained up our Secretary as the main administrator with our operations manager as the back up. Unfortunately the Instructors can't administer tests for obvious reasons and the secretary and ops manager are just too busy looking after the training side of the business to operate the test centre full time.

It's much easier and cheaper for us to guarantee bookings to our own candidates, admittedly this does have an influence on some when coming to choose our facilities.

Back to the main gist of the post though, you're always better ringing the test centre direct. We often open up at random times if not busy or can squeeze on a couple of extra seats where needs be.

Certifications: CCNP, CCSI, MCSE W2k/W2k3, MCITP_SA
    WIP: Taking it easy for a while.
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Then those instructors have to proctor whenever they want students to take exams? So... you're paying an ungodly amount to instructors to have them just sit there? If not, then you've got SOMEONE doing it... who you're paying money to... :blink

The mind boggles. No wonder your test center is running at a loss. :rolleyes:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

Am I typing in chinese ?

The instructors are not allowed anywhere near the testing system, not unless they want to lose their certs and our company its Prometric and Vue testing status. If anyone elses company is doing so, I suggest they read the small print of their operating agreement.

5. BosonMichael

It wouldn't matter, because I can read Chinese. 8)

Next smart aleck comment, please? :rolleyes:

Okay... so who proctors your testers?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  6. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

Ok i'll give you that one.

If you care to actually read my original posts - the company secretary and the ops manager, on an as needed basis as both are too busy to do the duties full time.

7. BosonMichael

I read that. But then you're paying two people (who are qualified to do more than just proctor) a whole bunch of money (at least, more than proctors would make) to sit and do nothing as they proctor. If they're "not doing nothing", then they're not doing their jobs as proctors. If they CAN multitask, then what prevents your center from doing that all day long with any tester who signs up? No, instead, your center would choose to leave money on the table. :rolleyes:

8. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

That's the point of my post, 2 people who are performing duties outside of their original employment terms are able to manage the testing on a short term basis as too long doing it has a detremental effect on there primary role. Doing this we can get by.

Any further testing and it would require full time staff to perform the duties for which it does not make financial sense.