Why are materials for the 70-685 so limited in comparison to the 70-680

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Juelz, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I was just wondering tbh, as I plan to at some point go for the MCSA Win 7 so was just looking around for study materials and noticed the 685 doesnt have much materials, even professor messer has covered the 680 but not the 685... again on youtube there are plenty 680 videos but no 685...is there some kind of conspiracy?

2. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Not sure to be fair, but those exam are pretty close, or overlap at some point, and it can get confusing. Just do the 680 one if that is tailored to your needs. I think you only need a set few to go for the MCse/sa or what ever it is these days.

Not 100% sure mind

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  3. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Yes, it is rather strange, although they do overlap a lot.

The main difference is the question format on the exam being of longer scenario types. Sybex have a 685/686 book and, although it's a pain that it doesn't tell you anywhere in it where the division of info is, I still found it useful for this exam.

Although I also had the CBT Nuggets videos for it too. Don't know of any other vids available...

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...