Who's taking this one before July?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Apoc220, Mar 9, 2011.

1. alex4bes

alex4bes New Member

My employer has just told me that I can go ahead and organise some MS certification..

For my Job role it seems that MCDST is the one I should be going for first, I'm wondering however if it is worth doing, if it is to be retired in July.

Cramming would be an option but I am new to the whole certification idea and dont have a clue how to book exams and get study materials etc. (Im in glasgow if anyone fancies giving me some pointers...)

I dont think that cramming to get a qualification that is to be retired in july is a wise idea. What will replace it and what do you guys think my best course of action should be...

Thanks in advance...

Alex:blink

2. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

The exam is retired in July, but the credential is still valid, especially in XP environments.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  3. spoovy

spoovy Bit Poster

My advice for what it's worth - when you read something, check yourself - did you already know that fact?

Yes - don't write it down.
    No - write it down.

Worked for me all through my education and I recently passed 70-271 as well like it. 272 next month. Bring it on :box2

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: CCNA
  4. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Hi Guys.

Well, got the 271 booked for May 5, then "IF" I pass, have over 6 weeks to get 272 complete. Currently using the MSPress Book and CBT Nuggets.

5. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Hi all,

new here but signed-up as I thought it looked a good place to find out the nitty-gritty (never having sat a MS exam before...).
    Have both my 271/272 exams booked for June 6th. Study going OK (I think..!), looking forward to getting this finished now though.
    My greatest worry? Not finding a seat during June if I fail one or both :ohmy

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  6. Apoc220

Apoc220 Byte Poster

Hey Richy,

Welcome to the board, first off! I feel your stress on not finding a seat come June. I've lucked out that there isn't a demand for seats down in my area, but as you obviously know, not everyone is as lucky. I've got my 272 booked for this coming tuesday. Confident but at the same time nervous that the little details will be the end of me. I've made up a study sheet of the major topics that I need to remember details for, so hopefully I'll have it all down pat in time for the exam!

How's it going for everyone else? Down to the final weeks for this one! Hope you guys are cranking out that studying, and I wish you guys the best of luck if you're planning on taking these exams in the next couple of weeks. As you can see around this board: if you put in the work, you will pass!

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: 70-680