Whole new system

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Torrix, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I know this mate, as I have been building systems for people for a little short of 20 years. Whilst there is plenty of good advice on here I still think recommending a PSU that is far more powerful than is needed isn't always helpful. (and no I'm not implying that you did that). It's very easy to spend other people's money if you see what I mean ... :)

Yes I was aware that 450W is the minimum recommended, and I have no doubt at all that if he had a 'decent' 450W PSU in there, the card and system would run just fine. Saphire themselves recommend 450W for that card, and only 550W for two of them in crossfire. So to recommend a 700W supply is still a little OTT in my opinion.

Yes it would be absoultely fine in my opinion, but it's your money at the end of the day matey.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Overclocking was mentioned too. A 450w wouldn't handle it this is why I was saying about a higher wattage decent power supply would be needed.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?