which wy to go.. server or mcdst?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by sebstah, Jun 7, 2007.

1. sebstah

sebstah Nibble Poster

hey guys, its been a while since i been here but im now ready to get back to studying.(buying and moving house is just nasty).
    anyways, im at a crossroads on which way to go..

i have been studying for the 290 exam before my break but now im thinking would it be better to do the mcdst 1st then the server. just for the extra certs before the exam.

anyone have any idea's?
    cheers
    sebstah 8)

Certifications: A+,70-270,70-290
    WIP: 70-620
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi,

I see you have done the 270, so should find the MCDST straight forward. It covers a little ,ore than the XP exam (office and IE) although in less detail (in my opinion).

Good luck with whichever you choose.

Boyce

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Not having done 70-270 yet, I'd have thought the MCDST would still be useful - what happens if you get asked about something that would fit nicely into a desktop support role - makes you lot more knowledgable!

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sure, the MCDST is a good start towards higher-level certifications.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. sebstah

sebstah Nibble Poster

thanks for the help all, yeah i think the MCDST would be a better way to get through the harder exams with a better grounding before starting the mcse route.

back to the books,thanks again :)

Certifications: A+,70-270,70-290
    WIP: 70-620