which training provider would you rate?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by grizz3210, Jul 12, 2007.

1. grizz3210

grizz3210 Byte Poster

hi i'm currenly working as a warehouse facilities supervisor in reading. i hate my job so am looking to get in to i.t.
    i'm looking at both computeach and skills train for training but before i make my mind up just worndering if anyone has any info on them?

Certifications: A+ N+ MCTS-vista
    WIP: MCDST
  2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I think Skillstrain, Computeach, and Training Providers in general have been covered to death here at CF.

Why don't you take a gander at some existing threads?

Skillstrain Search

Computeach Search

CF and Training Providers

Zimbo's Self Study Guide

Questions to ask BEFORE you sign up

Have fun reading - I honestly don't think a new thread would cover any new ground. TPs are widely panned on forums, mainly because of the classic addage that angry people are louder than happy ones. People that are happy with their providers are often less vocal about it.

If you are going to go with a Provider, as opposed to self studying, then I suggest you call the company directly. Ask about the tutors in the area you want to study in. Ask about the material, and ask to see a sample, preferably before a salesman comes to your door. And try not to be lured in by promises of massive wages as soon as you "qualify", and the guarantee of a great job - because by and large, it's not true.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. C4sper

C4sper Byte Poster

I can suggest Advent training as well. Me, Raffaz and a few others taking our MCSE with them.

Certifications: ECDL, A+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

My mentor (way back when) did his IT courses thru Computeach, which he liked. I would recommend your local college/Uni or self study.

Arroryn's right when saying "People that are happy with their providers are often less vocal about it."

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security