Which to use

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sisko, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Sisko

Sisko Bit Poster

Hey guys, I'm looking to get back into/start my training for my MCITP again and have just a quick question.

I've read on several websites that there is "free" versions of VMWare that you can install that will allow you to install your multiple OS's and such for the training labs, but which is the best one to use or does it not matter?

Could I for example, install the free version of VMWare Server on my PC and plug away at my training quite happily with that?

Hope this is the right spot on the forum for this question, cheers chaps :)

Certifications: BSc Computer Network Management & Design
    WIP: 70-640
  2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

You could use VMWare server version 1.x if you can get hold of it. There's been many reports that the v1 is a lot better that v2.

You could also use MS virtual pc.

Don't forget that you might need to increase the amount of RAM you have in your machine.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. Sisko

Sisko Bit Poster

Coolio, I'll look into it and see what I can find then.

Already ahead of you on the RAM part, my PC is a gaming rig and has 8GB of memory in it, should be enough i'm hoping :)

Certifications: BSc Computer Network Management & Design
    WIP: 70-640