Which study material?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by rickman67, Feb 26, 2013.

1. rickman67

rickman67 New Member

I am looking online and there are countless books and manuals that can be purchased to prepare me for CCNA exam.

I have learned the basics through college but want the full qualification

Can someone advise of a book and or study material that will prepare me for current exam and is in the price range of £30

thanks you

2. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=ccna

Anything by Todd Lammle or Wendell Odom is liable to be good stuff.

Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, MCP
    WIP: ??
  3. GW

GW Byte Poster

I prefer Todd Lammle since his style of writing is more interesting and at times humorous, Wendell is more longwinded and a more dryer for my taste but contains a lot of details. Of course I buy both books and use Todd's as the primary and Wendell as the secondary so when I'm going through the topics I get the most bang for my buck.

For the labs Paul Browning has a Kindle book called 101 Cisco CCNA Labs that I got that is very good and really gets you to learn configuration and troubleshooting. If you don't have a Kindle you can download the free Kindle for PC reader from Amazon, there is also an app if you have an iPhone.

One note if you get the lab book, after each lab save your configuration to your PC after each lab (make seperate ones per lab); his guide is setup that it builds off of the previous lab configuration so if you finish with all the labs and want to go back to a previous lab you have to start at the beginning of the book and build up the config to get to that lab.

GW

Certifications: MCP x4, CompTia x3
    WIP: Cisco CCNA