1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which N+ book to use?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Kryten2340, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Kryten2340

Kryten2340 Bit Poster

I am currently using the 2005 edition Sybex book to study for network +. I've just started this book but I would like to know if it's worth getting the All in One N+ book.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Network-Cer...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1235600636&sr=1-1

I used the A+ equivalent of this book a few years ago to pass.
    Is it worth using 2 books or should I not bother?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP (XP)
    WIP: MCSE/MCSA Win2003, CCNA
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

you should never use just one study material, the Network + book by David Groth is supposed to be the best. I have it and and also the Meyers one you have.http://www.amazon.com/Network-Study-Guide-David-Groth/dp/0782144063

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

I bought and recently finished both the books. The N+ Meyers book is very good at introducing all the topics, whereas I feel the Sybex gives you a lot more details about each of the topics. Can't go wrong with both- especially since you get all the extra questions!

4. loneferret

loneferret Byte Poster

I used Sybex's Network+ study guide. It helped a lot, then again I was also in the middle of a TCP/IP course at the time I took the exam. So I'd recommend using a second source of study with Sybex...
    But that's just me...

Certifications: MCDST/N+/L+/i-Net+/CIW/OSCP/OSCE
    WIP: MCTS 70-662
  5. Ropenfold

Ropenfold Kilobyte Poster

I prefered the Mike Meyers Book for readbility but the Sybex book is probably the better of the two for info. Its probably best to have both IMO

Certifications: BSC (Hons), A+, MCDST, N+, 70-270,
    WIP: ITIL V3