Which IT Certification Are You Most Proud Of?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Veteran's son, Oct 24, 2005.

1. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

You're certs sound like my HVAC career. I graduated from an Industrial Maintenance Technology program designed to get a person into hospital maintenance. Never did get a job in hospital maintenance, but that two year degree turned into be a 20 year career as an HVAC/R service tech.

Funny how things work. I'd never even thought of working as a refrigeration, heating, and air conditioning tech. Never even meant to get into the field, yet I spent 20 years there.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I never meant to get into IT, I just sort of fell into it! :oops:

3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Thanks for the advise Pete - I must say that the thought of the contents and similarity of the topics of the 216 are probably partially to do with why I've continued to put it off. I will re-consider now in light of this. Mind if I PM you for more info if need be ?

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Nothing to be embarrassed about with that. I met a guy that was driving a $750,000 motor home in the late 90's. He was in his early 50's at the time and was already retired and cruising around the country in his motorhome.

I commented that I was in the wrong business because I certainly couldn't afford a motor home like that and he just laughed. He said he just sort of fell into his business by default 20 years earlier, and it made in very wealthy. It wasn't anything he ever planned on doing, but an opportunity was presented to him because he happened to be in the right spot at the right time and it just worked out.

Granted, he had to work hard once the opportunity was presented to him, but I really believe that the majority of people kind of fall into things. Some really do have a plan from day one, but the rest of us are just going along living life, and one day something happens because of where we happened to be that day.

My first business started that way. I walked into a store that said they did refrigerator service, asked to look at a repair manual for some operating specs for a refrigerator I was working on for a friend, and they ended up asking me if I wanted to run a service business out of their store. I wasn't even looking to start my own business or looking for a job. I just fell into it.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi,

Which cert am I most proud of... Answer: All of them.

But if I had to pick, it would be: BSc (academic) & my MCSE (professional). Both of these were hard, hard, did I mention hard work to get. And both of them scrambled my brain :scrambles

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Those certifications do sound tough, Ken! :salut :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  7. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

I have heard that the CCNA is very difficult and no doubt the exam fee would be expensive too, would it trip?

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  8. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Not at all Gav, it would be an honour 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)