Which is the Easiest CCNP Exam?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by lowfell, Jan 3, 2007.

1. lowfell

lowfell Bit Poster

Hello all just joined today, so thanks in advance for any help & advice that may come my way.

I need to recert my CCNP this summer & I know I can do this by passing any of the 642 exams.

Which one of the 642 CCNP exams is considered the easiest?

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

To answer the question it is easier to ask you which one do you feel best matches your current circumstances?

Welcome to CF. 8)

3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Welcome to CF! 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. lowfell

lowfell Bit Poster

Hello Simon. My bread & butter is installing enduser adsl, with low end routers, site to site vpns with small pix's IPClear installs with isdn backup.....

5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

The one that covers topics that you are most familiar with. :)

In all seriousness, if you have experience working with routers, take the routing exam (whatever it's called these days - Cisco's site's having problems). If you have experience working with switches, take BCMSN... etc.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. lowfell

lowfell Bit Poster

Thanks chaps, I think i'll go fo the ISCW 642-825 . I'll let you know how i get on.

7. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

lowfell,

What are your current valid Cisco certifications that you hold?

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  8. lowfell

lowfell Bit Poster

I'm curently CCNP, I have also passed the CSIDS & CSPFA exams.

9. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

lowfell,

According to the "Certification Tracking System Tool", the "CSIDS" and "CSPFA" exams count towards the Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCSP) certificate. You have three more exams to complete in order to earn the CCSP certificate. All three remaining requirements are 642-XXX exams, therefore will renew your CCNP.

Your remaining exams for CCSP are:
    1. One of the following:
      • Securing Networks with Cisco Routers and Switches - SNRS (642-502)
    2. One of the following:
      • Cisco Secure Virtual Private Networks (642-511)
      • Securing Hosts Using Cisco Security Agents - HIPS (642-513)
    3. One of the following:
      • Securing Cisco Network Devices - SND (642-552)

On a sidenote, by having a valid CCNA and passing "Securing Cisco Network Devices - SND (642-552)", you could become certified as a "Information Systems Security (INFOSEC) Professional." This is not a Cisco Career Certificate that will expire in 3 years.

Sources:
    1. CCSP-Career Certifications & Paths - Cisco Systems - http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le54/learning_certification_type_home.html
    2. CNSS 4011 Training Standard-Career Certifications & Paths - Cisco Systems - http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le54/le4011/cnss_4011_training_standard.html
    3. Cisco Career Certifications & Paths Certification Tracking System login page - https://www.certmanager.net/cisco/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/Cisco/Default.aspx

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA