Which is the basic certification?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by snagarjunas, Jul 6, 2009.

1. snagarjunas

snagarjunas New Member

Hi All,

I have 6mnths of experience on .Net development. Now i need to take a certification. Can anyone help me out what microsoft certification should i take.

Thanks,
    Nagarjun S.

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

If you're new to MS certifications, how about the 70-536:

Then when you're ready do the exam(s) for the version of .net that you're using, see here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. snagarjunas

snagarjunas New Member

Hi,

The above mentioned exam (70-536) is given as that it can be easily taken by only 2-3yrs of experience. I have only 6mnths of development exp. Is there any certi which i can take.

(Audience Profile
    Candidates for this exam work on a team in a medium-sized or large development environment that uses Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Enterprise Developer, Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, or Microsoft Visual Studio 2008. Candidates should have at least two to three years of experience developing Web-based, Windows-based, or distributed applications by using the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0, the .NET Framework 1.1, the .NET Framework 2.0, or the .NET Framework 3.5. Candidates should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 or Visual Studio 2008.)

Thanks,
    Nagarjun S.

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

On the MS programming route, that is the "foundation" cert... If you're looking for qualifications, how about doing the Diploma in .Net programming (I believe that it's either a C&G or BTEC/Edexcel course). If you're primarily looking for professional certs in .Net, then either wait or see how well your experience matches up with the exam objectives.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. snagarjunas

snagarjunas New Member

Hi,

Can you just elaborate above mentioned pls.