Which exams do i still have to take?

Discussion in 'A+' started by zr79, Apr 13, 2009.

1. zr79

zr79 Byte Poster

I take it the 220-601 is "it essentials", which i now have a certificate saying i passed it. I didn't even now i had sat it. So i guess i still have the 220-602 exam to go....?

Certifications: A+
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Well you have a choice of which exam to take, the choices are:

220-602 (IT Technician),
    220-603 (Remote Support Technician) or
    220-604 (Depot Technician)

Pass one of the above with the pass you already have and you'll earn your A+ :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

hiw did you not know you had sat it?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. zr79

zr79 Byte Poster

Well we had a "mock exam" at college which we were told was needed to see if we were up to scratch before sitting the offical exams, the college is alos a registered A+ test center, and didn't really take it that serious, although i passed then i got handed a certificate a few days later saying i had passed it essens... My thought is that i haven't actually sat 220-601 but why would i get a certificate saying that.

Certifications: A+
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

check with your college because you only get a certificate when you pass the A+ you do not get one for every exam you pass,

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

It may be college cert of completion, rather than a qualification cert.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. del_port

del_port Byte Poster

That is precisely what it sounds like,looks like they haven't done any A+ exams at all yet.

I also have my college certificate to say i passed the it essentials course,but the difference is i knew this wasn't the A+ exam,i knew i had to go to a test centre to sit two exams.

So i finished college in january 2008,i sat my first A+ exam in april 2008 in a test centre miles from college,and i finished the second A+ exam,again in a test centre, a few weeks ago.

So you have 2 exams still to sit original poster,they don't give out comp tia certificates for passing 1 A+ exam in the first place,once you pass 2 exams comptia then send you a certificate.

Your college may well be a test centre, but you'll need to wait till your college course ends before you can use the place as a test centre,your teacher will no doubt say to leave it a few weeks before trying for the proper exam.

The way college works is you have 2 big software exams, these exams contain around 60 to 80 questions each.

You also get a hardware test to check you know about pc hardware.

As well as this you get tests almost every week,i had 10 individual tests i think,each test has up to 20 questions to answer.

All of these results from the roughly 13 total tests are added together to give an overall percentage score,if you pass you receive the college certificate saying you completed the course.

Certifications: A+ and MCDST 70-271
    WIP: mcdst 272