Which do you prefer, eBay or Amazon?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Juelz, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I'm going with Amazon, I always feel safer using it as Amazon have top notch customer service, anytime I've had an issue they've solved it almost instantly. Ebay on the other hand have been a pain in the south-west area, due to being linked with PayPal. I do find that you can get better value on ebay due to bidding and you generally find a wider variety of items. I'm a pretty competitive eBayer tbh, it ends up like a game of who can bid closest to the timmer running out causing me to at times pay more than the item is valued. I like how Amazon is straight the point and set prices.

2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Tough one, both great, but I'd have to say ebay as I like unusual quirky items, but it's close, Amazon is great too. Their prime delivery is great but the tv thing I find horrific. Like what's free and what's pay per view, so confusing so I stick to netflix. My kid bought a film on Amazon prime, dangerous stuff

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

It depends......

I usually check both when buying something, sometimes Amazon has the best price, availability and condition of item I require other times ebay does. You get good buyer protection with both Amazon and eBay and the customer service is usually really good - I've never had a problem that wasn't quickly resolved.

4. mstechfreak

mstechfreak New Member

Totally agree to this one!