1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which book?

Discussion in 'Security+' started by tornado, Feb 1, 2010.

1. tornado

tornado Bit Poster

Hi,
    Going to finish on off my MSDST next Friday, so I want get a secuity+ book lined up ready :)

I have had quite a bit of experince with security issues so I think this certification should not be so hard for me. I started my web hosting services and unfortunatley made a few enemies so my server was under contstant attack. I have installed advanced firewalls, intrusion detection systems and anti-virus software before. I have come under DOS and DDOS attacks to before :eek: and dns poisning :eek: I also recived a number of prank calls from these people, which the police dealt with :D

Anyway now I am an IT Tech so security+ isn't as critical to my job as it was before, but I still have the occasional laptop with some malware/adware to remove.

I was considering this book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/CompTIA-Sec...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265031519&sr=8-1

Is it any good?

Thanks,
    Alex

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
    Certifications: MCDST & Security+
    WIP: ZCE PHP5
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

are you sure your doing MSDST or are you doing MCDST :D one does not exsist :D

that book will be ok for the Security +

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?