1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which book to read?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Eman, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Eman

Eman New Member

Hello everyone!

Ive had 8 years experience as a technician and Im looking to start my study for hardware A+.
    I am wondering what is the latest and greatest book to read? I hear Mike Meyers is the best, but does it cover the latest technology? I have flipped through a freinds book, but it talks about PIII's as being the most recent form of CPU...
    I would like at least for it to cover technologies such as Serial ATA etc.

If Mike Meyers turns out to be the best, which particular book should I buy for Hardware A+?

Thankyou very much for your advice :)

2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

G'day Eman, you hit the nail on the head with the Mike Meyers book. I think the latest version is 5th(?) edition.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Hello Eman...I have heard about Mr Meyers but never read his book but the book I just read for my A+ is called A+ Complete Study Guide by David Groth and Sybex. It covers all the objectives and its the latest one (so it should be as it cost me nearly £40!!) but it explains everything upto P4, Athlon XPs and Win XP so you should be alright with that one. but take your pick.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. hoplex

hoplex Bit Poster

You can try pick up Upgrading and Repairing PCs from Scot Mueller.

Good Lucky !!

Certifications: A+; Network +