which a+ book to buy

Discussion in 'A+' started by fastrhino, Oct 29, 2005.

1. fastrhino

fastrhino Nibble Poster

I am looking for a A+ book but there seems to be many different ones to choose from even mike meyers as more that one to choose from, which is the best learning resorce for preparing to do the exam, I am a novice so need to learn all the therory from scratch.

WIP: A+
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

If it says Mike Meyers and A+ on the cover then you can guarantee that it will be good for getting you through the exam.

There is no such thing as a single good book for a certification. Any book that covers the concepts that are on the exam can be classed as good, but you should never rely on a single source of information.

My suggestion would be to buy the Mike Meyers book (either one) read it, complete all of the labs in the book, ask questions here, and do lots of googling for concepts you still can't grasp.

8)

3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi,

In my opinion ( i bought a few ) Mike Myers all in one (not the passport), make sure it is for the 2003 Objectives.
    Don't forget it is worth buying one or maybe 2 old Pc's to take apart, see what will stop it booting, start up errors, formatting partitioning etc. Also it would be a bonus to network them together. It is good if one of them comes with Windows 98 as this is on the test.

Hope this helps. :)

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  4. fastrhino

fastrhino Nibble Poster

I am currently looking at components to build my own primary system, and i will be buying an older system for my experiments , i will be knocking up a wired network with my 2 planned pc's and this toshiba laptop, both the laptop and older pc will be the clients, would like to have shared internet and shared printer etc, so this should be fun.

buying components is nightmere, to many varibles to take into account, ie sata compatabilty and other interface issues, still what i am reaserching now as made me hungery to learn more :rolleyes:

mick

WIP: A+
  5. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Well, anyone who has the attitude that I bolded from your post can't go wrong. As long as you stay hungry to learn about everything, you'll be successful in the long run.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  6. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  7. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

I would recommend the Myers book! :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+