1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which 70-680 Book?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Client Exams' started by livingwater, Nov 5, 2011.

1. livingwater

livingwater Bit Poster

Which 70-680 Book?

I am studying for the 70-680: Configuring Windows 7 and using professor Messer’s videos but I would like a book to go with it – for the life of me I can’t decide which one to buy? Any recommendations?

Certifications: A+, N+
  2. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

How about the Microsoft MCTS book, i do believe there are a few mistakes in the book but on the whole not bad

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  3. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

I second that.

Unless I need another perspective to help with concepts I have trouble with I just get the official MS study guide.

It's usually worth googling for the errata for the book you bought as well to avoid the mistakes.

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  4. livingwater

livingwater Bit Poster

Thanks folks. If anyone knows where I can get the corrections from - that would be great. About to go buy the book

5. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  6. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Just google the book's title or its isbn along with the word "errata" and you should find it.

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  7. TheMagician

TheMagician Nibble Poster

The MS Press books get a lot of stick but the 680 covered everything that was on my exam. This certainly isn't the case for certain other ones on the EA track.

Certifications: MCSA 2012, MCITP: EA, SA, ITIL
  8. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

9. livingwater

livingwater Bit Poster

Thanks again folks this has been a real help