Problem Where would you recommend SCCM Purchase?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nzastudios, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Nzastudios

Nzastudios New Member

Hi guys where would you recommend the purchase of SCCM for a small-Med business with around 80-100 Internal users?

What sort of price can I budget for this application.

Many thanks for an urgent response guys :)

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

You might be better off thinking about System Center Essentials instead of SCCM.

As far as where to buy, speak to a VAR (Value Added Reseller).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. Nzastudios

Nzastudios New Member

Yes this is why I posted :)

I will weigh up this one you recommended also :ohmy

Which VAR would you recommend that sells these items for a reasonable price. Thanks

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

It does depend on the licence type you go for, what type of organisation (eg education) and what country you're in (you don't state where you are in your profile).

-Ken

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
    Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Nzastudios

Nzastudios New Member

Based in the Uk. License will installed on 2 windows 2003 servers approx where administration will take place. Its a small - medium sized company.

User approx 80 -100users

6. Kitkatninja

These are the suppilers that at some point I've used for MS licensing (with AMC & PCS being the last two that I've used as they were the cheapest for me):

AMC
    PCS
    Dabs
    RM
    Misco
    Civica

Like I've said before, it does depend on the type of licence and the type of organisation you are. .

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  7. Nzastudios

Nzastudios New Member

Ok thank you. I will look into those. Based on the info I told you, I thought you would have been able to advise :biggrin

Many thanks for your responses. Will update thread here with any concerns/queries

8. Kitkatninja

Don't forget you may have to also take a look into purchasing/renting the CALS or ML for SCCM as well as SQL (not sure if you can use the express version). See here for basic info.

-Ken

9. Nzastudios

Nzastudios New Member

We already got SQL studio backend on our boxes. I checked those links but could not really find a link to purchasing or querying further about SCCM.

I take it I need to call them?

10. Kitkatninja

Yes.

-Ken

11. SoftCat_MSalmon

SoftCat_MSalmon New Member

12. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

... and we have forum rules that companies advertising their services need permission from site admins.

@OP: You can check out Computer Products Limited too - http://www.c-p-ltd.com. You would need to give them a call, but we use it for most of our needs (with the exception of cheap random stuff from eBuyer, Amazon, etc.) and both the price and the service we're getting are really good.

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  13. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I know one of the guys from Softcat (MarcusP) and they are good guys, but Matt you do have to stick by the forum rules.

As I already mentioned, speak to a VAR (as I don't think you would fall under the LAR banner).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  14. SoftCat_MSalmon

SoftCat_MSalmon New Member

Hi , Sorry about the confusion above.

I have permission from the site, and all i am looking at doing is offering a free service of advice.

I hope this can be of help

Matthew

15. Admin

Admin New Member Administrator

You do not have permission from the site to promote your services both on the forum or by Private Message. Please cease from this kind of activity on the forums.