Where to do A+/MSCDST courses

Discussion in 'A+' started by monkeyshead, Jan 19, 2009.

1. monkeyshead

monkeyshead New Member

Hello Guys

A mate of mine wants to do the A+/MSCDST and thinks learning at home might cause lack of concentration (kids & Wife etc) lol, so he’s asked me if I know any university or collages (not the private companys like computeach etc) within "Staffordshire" UK who might do these courses any info would be gratefully appreciated

Thanking you in advance

Monkeys :biggrin

WIP: A+
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

The usual way to find this out is to ask your local council for a list of Adult Education facilities in your area.

And a search on Google will usually produce results - like this one.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

what Harry said

Your local college may have advice or courses too.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. monkeyshead

monkeyshead New Member

Many thanks guys
    I will pass the info on :D

WIP: A+
  5. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

It is hard to self study when distractions are a just a TV remote away. You need to have self discipline and be able to motivate yourself when you really don't want to.

I usually make sure the TV is completely off before i begin studies. Otherwise i will be casting glances at football scores or what Cartman is up to. I am saving up for a house so not living with the gf at the moment but know it would be tough to study with her nagging me about stuff all the time in the background. Kids must be even worse.

Check your local college website, I'm sure they will be running the MS courses 2 or so times a year.

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA
  6. tysfoot

tysfoot Byte Poster

im in exactly the same boat, i have bad concentration levels.

For the last month ive been reading at home upstarirs out of the wifes way and even the slight sound of the tv downstairs is enough to put me off. So i go to the library now to read and ive put more study time and effort in the last 3 days than i have altogether when i started reading 6 weeks ago

From now on im going to go to the library 3 times a week and then i should be on track to complete my a+ within 2 months

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MCDST, N+