Where is my 271? MCDST qualification?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by fletcher1989, Jun 26, 2012.

1. fletcher1989

fletcher1989 New Member

Wee question, I have just passed these exams also. While doing my HNC at James Watt College they gave us a chance to sit these exams with prometric. I took the offer and i have just passed them. However....after doing 271 first then a week later sitting 272 i have noticed that i have only been given a MCIC for 272 login to the certification website for microsoft. After looking at my transcript i can see it was a login for 272 Certificate. Where is my 271 ? Also my MCDST qualification? all i have just now is MCP.

Can anyone help me out? or shed any light on this situation. Thanks

2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Post split, new thread created.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

They sometimes take a little while to show up, although from the sounds of it it's been over a week for the 271.
    If it were me, I'd chase it up.

Did they email you after you passed? A congratulations email? If so, you should have at least one email for each exam with the MC ID (Microsoft Certified ID) in there. I think it's in a column on the right hand side of the email.
    You should have one for each of the exams you passed (271 and 272). First thing is, check the MC ID is the same in both emails. If it's different, you've got duplicate MCP accounts - with your 271 in one account, and your 272 in the other. If this is the problem, you will need to get Microsoft to merge them by calling the number below.

If you didn't get the emails, or the MCID is the same, it's probably still worth chasing it up directly with Microsoft. Make sure you've got the pass-slips to hand - the paper you get at the end of the exams. You might need both (271 & 272).

Microsoft have a free helpline you can call for this kind of thing (the UK one is near the bottom of the list). They're actually a really good helpdesk and should be able to help figure out what the problem is. They can also merge your accounts if that's what is necessary.

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?
  4. fletcher1989

fletcher1989 New Member

I already have a case open with microsoft regarding it. I emailed them a copy of my score sheet. I have just phoned prometric who has informed me that they will re-submit my exams to microsoft and i should hear something back within the week. Failing that, its back to prometric.

5. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Hi,

I wouldn't stress too much. As Zig rightly says, this will be sorted for you, one way or another. Well done for keeping hold of your score-sheet!

Good luck with it, I'm sure it will end with a positive outcome...

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...