Where do I buy Windows XP Pro

Discussion in 'Software' started by simon, Oct 28, 2004.

1. simon

simon New Member

Hi guys, looking for some advise on best way to buy Windows XP Pro, I have just started the mcse course.

The computer I am using was given to me and has a lot of stuff on it which I don't use and I am going to reformat the hard drive and then reinstall software.

I don't really know what the difference / advantage of a complete version or upgrade is [​IMG] and were to buy it, also whether you could by it under a student licence. You may have guessed that I am a complete beginner to this.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

if your a not an official student, ie government institution, then no you are unlikely to get it cheap

you can pick it up at most places, from PC World to Online stores

its a tad pricey, but i dont feel its too much to ask for what it does

id recommend the full blown copy not the upgrade, you tend to need the media for a previous version if you get an upgrade, and its just a pain :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. MrNice

MrNice Kilobyte Poster

I think you get it a bit cheaper if you buy at the same time as "hardware". You can never have enough RAM so look into that.

4. Pablo1888

Pablo1888 Byte Poster

Yeah!!! I would go with what Mr Nice said and purchase an OEM version, which is much cheaper if you buy a piece of hardware at the same time. It dosen't have to be anything expensive.

Certifications: MOUS Master, MCP 70-210, A+
    WIP: CCNA
  5. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life