Where did that come from? Interview Thursday!!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Lord Deckard, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Lord Deckard

Lord Deckard Byte Poster

Had to take a few days of work with a chest infection and decided it would be a good time to update my CV and apply for a few jobs. This was on Sunday night. Today (Monday) I get a call asking me if I can come for an interview on Thursday! WTF?!?! It's working 1st/2nd line support for a document management company based in a major bank. I'm actually quite excited as well, just been having a quick dig around on their website and they've sent me a full job spec which astoundingly says that experience of the specific software they use isn't essential and they'll train me on anything I need! Colour me happy :)
    Any interview advice anyone would care to give is gratefully recieved, I'm just hoping my antibiotics have properly kicked in to make me better before the interview!

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: N+ and CCNA
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

The only advice I can give you is to be yourself.

Be honest if you don't know about something the interviewer asks say so.

All I can say is good luck, hope it goes well

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Alright petey, new plan, just for you. Don't.... Suck! (Unforgotten Realms - its from EP8)

Seriously though, Just be yourself, dont lie, and try not to get too nervous.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

As has already been stated, relax, try not to appear/be nervous, and don't BS an answer... if you don't know, say you don't know... honesty will get you far in most interviews.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Good luck with the interview LD.

Do a bit of research on the company (google) and express an interest in where they are going in the market etc.

make the point that you want to work *with them*, not that you are just after any old job.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  6. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Good luck!!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  7. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

So true^^

Be confident & Good Luck!

Certifications: A+, N+
  8. Lord Deckard

Lord Deckard Byte Poster

Still not managed to get the interview sorted but it looks like it should be next week now. Basically, its for a support role (print servers, fault logging, user set-up etc) but it's working for a company who have won the contract with a very large bank to manage the services from one of their regional offices supporting something like 5000 users. They are now onsite so they've got somewhere they can do the interviews LOL!!
    I would *really* like to get this job! I've got a few other pokers in the fire but this ones at the top of my wanted list :)

Lord Deckard.

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: N+ and CCNA
  9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Thanks for the update. Good luck with the interview. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+