When will the newer version of MSCA certification arrive?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by darakok, Aug 28, 2006.

1. darakok

darakok New Member

Hi,

I want to upgrade my skill by planning to take MCSA and MCSE exams on windows 2003.

But I heard that newer of version of windows server will arrive sometime next year. so when it arrives, MCSA exams on windows 2003 will be out of date.

so I want to hear your ideas whether I should wait for the new exams on newer version of windows or take the current exams on windows 2003?

I think that to be well prepared for the exams, I need to spend a few months reading books and doing practise. I'm afraid when I'm ready for the exams and that time the newer exams arrive, so my effort will be useless.

Thanks,

darakok

2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Hi!

No your effort will not be useless... becuase i think the upgrade will happen in 2008 or late 2007... and they will give you a exam or exams to upgrade your certification to the newest one...

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. PaulC

PaulC Nibble Poster

While it could be good to have the 'newer' technologys on your CV, most companies won't upgrade there server technology for a while. A lot of them have only just gone 2003 and XP and will be a considerable time before they move to the next Server version and Vista. As Zimbo said, MS will do an upgrade path which is often only 1 exam, so get your MCSA now on 2003 and see what happens next would be my route.

Certifications: MCDST;MCSA: Messaging;MCSE
    WIP: CCENT
  4. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Spot on advice there.

I'm still working with NT six years after win2k was released - most companies won't want the 'sea change' that it appears will be necessary in moving to Vista/Longhorn/Whatever M$ Are Calling It This Week.

Your 2003 cert will be valid for years to come and, traditionally, the only people who ever really bother to get the newest cert as soon as it comes out are resellers, integrators or people planning on contracting for upgrades.

It took me three years to upgrade my NT MCSE to 2K and another two and a half for my 2K3. You'll be infinitely more employable getting certed in a technology that is still used by the majority of companies.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  5. PAT

PAT Banned

I agree with the others, go for 2003 now and then upgrade. 8)

6. darakok

darakok New Member

Dear all,

Thank u for all your valuable comments.

Thanks for giving me the encouragement to prepare for the windows 2003 exams.

I'll try to get a certificate soon.

Thanks,

mrpc_cambodia

7. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Good luck with the preparation Bud.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  8. rockstar6181

rockstar6181 Byte Poster

id do the 2003 track first then upgrade with the upgrade exam when its out. A lot of companies are still using 2k let alone 2003, also I have heard of some banking support desks still using NT4 :D Good luck with what ever you choose to do.

Certifications: A/N+ MCSA 2003