When was the current 70-271 exam released?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by DaveyB1981, May 7, 2009.

1. DaveyB1981

DaveyB1981 Byte Poster

Evenin all,

Wondering if anyone knows the answer to this for me...I am studying for 70-271 and just want to make sure of a fact...when was the current exam released? Alternatively, are questions changed from time to time?

Reason i ask is that obviously as xp changes, so should the exam. Will the questions refer to RIS or WDS? changes from SP2? 3?

In truth most of it shouldnt bother me as i have supported xp for a long time now, but my knowledge of RIS / WDS is reasonably sketchy.

Dave

Certifications: CISMP, ITIL Fdn, MCDST
    WIP: the day job...
  2. StormTHX

StormTHX Byte Poster

I don't think they have changed since 2007. I just took 70-271 a month ago and 70-272 this Monday.

I used the MS Press book for both - the 271 book is copyrighted for 2006. Maybe they haven't changed much at all.

I wouldn't be too concerned about it having just taken both tests in the last month.

Good Luck!:thumbleft

Certifications: MCDST, MCP (210), A+, ITIL Foundations
    WIP: Taking a break then onto MCSE
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

what he said ^

and they probably wont change it either.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

any queries like these, always go to the source, this case, would be Microsoft and have a look at the objectives, any changes, it will be noted there.

5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Unlike Comptia, MS do not do revisions of whole exams (eg A+ 2003, 2005, 2009, etc). From what I've seen, what they do is include new questions in the question pool for the exam. For example, I've seen questions for both SUS & WSUS on other MS exams (without breaking the NDA).

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security