When Should I Make A Second Followup

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Professor-Falken, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Professor-Falken

Professor-Falken Kilobyte Poster

How many follow up calls should you make in a month to a company that I have sent my resume to.
    For example I sent my resume out to about 10 different companies then one week later I made a follow up call to those companies who had not contacted me. It has now been a week since my first follow-up call should I make a second follow-up call and when should I stop making follow-up calls.

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia Network +
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Personally, I would make a single follow up and leave it at that I think. Theres nothing more annoying than getting harrassment from a potential employee.

Of course, if you have signed up to a recruitment agency, I would contact them every week. The best way to get a job through them is to develop a relationship with them, make your name and skills pop into their head whenever they see a suitable job.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

If you have sent out your resume and mad a follow up call also then I would say if you dont hear anything from that company within 4 weeks then they are not interested in hiring you at the moment.

When I send out a cover letter I always put I would be grateful if you would keep a record of my details and contact me if any positions should become available.

Sometimes it works sometime it does not

So if you have put something like that then you may get a call in a few months time just don't hassle the companies.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I agree with whats been said, I usually do one follow up call after about a week then leave it alone.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA