When Should I Call Back?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Professor-Falken, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Professor-Falken

Professor-Falken Kilobyte Poster

A company said they would like to hire me and said they would be calling me back.
    It has exactly one day since they said this. When should I call them back to see what
    decision they have made.

Professor Falken

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia Network +
  2. Starke

Starke Nibble Poster

I would call them by Tuesday if you don't hear anything by then.

Certifications: MCSE:Messaging/Security, Net+, Security+
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Are you saying the company made you an offer? It's unusual for a company to actually make a job offer and then not provide the specifics. I take it they didn't say *when* they'd call you back.

Without knowing any of the specifics, I'd say wait a few days before calling them back. My opinion isn't based on anything but my "gut", since you haven't provided any details of the offer, the circumstances, and so forth. It's pretty hard to offer a suggestion when there's almost no info to go on, Prof. :wink:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If they said they would like to hire you, then they've already made a decision... you're just waiting on the offer letter, right?

Best advice I can give is to wait a few (business) days. Just use your common sense. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

It's only been one day Prof, be patient :wink:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  6. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Have patience...
    When they said they'd call, did you ask when you might hear back, or how long does it normally take? If you've got nothing else to go on, I'd say wait 3-business days and call back.

7. Professor-Falken

Professor-Falken Kilobyte Poster

Ok I will call back in 3 business days if not more, I dont want to bother the guy or seem to desperate.
    Anyway here is what happened. He said he was interested in me and just had to pass my resume and his decision to someone in human resources. He said at the interview he would be calling me back the next day by 10:00 am when he didn't I called him and he told me he would be calling me back to be patient that he has been busy. I am going to take the advice you guys gave me and wait 3 business days, I have taken an non-IT job in the meantime. I have to pay the bills.

I have decided to study for my Network + at night in the meantime. It has been hard to find an IT job with a felony in my criminal background I am working on the weekends at computer repair shop that also sells cell phones and accessories but not TVs which I think would bring alot more customer he is in kind of a b the place looks like a dump all it needs is to be re-arranged and cleaned up and it would probably attract much more customers more importantly he is charging way to much for his used computers. He wanted $300 for a PC withe 256mb probably 900Mhz and 20GB hard disk.

What do you think what it be a good idea to bring computers into his shop to fix under my name or his computer companys name.

What does it take legally to open a computer repair business in the US I want to be able to go to homes as
    well as businesses alike to fix computers, I could fix there at the business or home or now I have a place to fix them. Need your advice ASAP!

Thanks,

Professor Falken

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia Network +
  8. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Capital :)

9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

...and customers. 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

Then that doesn't mean they want to hire you, as you first posted. That means they like what they read on your resume and they want to bring you in for an interview. After the interview they can still say they will call you in a few days to let you know and never hear from them, which is typical in the corporate world.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  11. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

No T_G, he has had the interview..

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)