1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your study plan?

Discussion in 'A+' started by ally_uk, Jan 4, 2010.

1. ally_uk

ally_uk Nibble Poster

Hi Guys I have until August 2010 to ahchieve the A+ Exam, I am using Mike Myers 6th Edition of the book. I have worked in I.T for about 4 years now ( 2 years as an 1st line support, 2 years as I.T Technician) I have now decided to get some certs under my belt starting with the A+. My question is how do you guys study and filter and retain the knowledge you need to know?

Can you point me in the direction of some A+ practice exams? I'm going to go for the Essentials and then the Exam 220-602. How hard is the essentials should I just book the exam now and smash the hell out of it? or is revision a good idea? lol

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I used the 6th edition when I did the A+ and also PC technician street smarts by James Pyles.

Since you alread have 4 years experience you may not need to do any studying or just a little bit of revising so I would recommend Mike Meyers' passport book which is essentially a revision book.

For practice exams you can get free ones from www.proprofs.com and buy ones from trancender and preplogic.

However I would highly recommend www.boson.com for A+ practice exams, if you use Boson you wont go wrong.

I used preplogic and transcender but had the chance to write a review of the Boson exam sims and I know I would have got a better score if I used the Boson exams but they were not available when I was taking the A+.

I actually found the the Essentials harder than the 220-602 but most people find it the other way around I'm just a bit more hardware orientated.

If you study and practice then you will do fine and from your experience level I doubt you will have any trouble.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. adventdan2211

adventdan2211 New Member

Hiya

How you manage to land a job without out qualifcations?

Cheers Dan

WIP: Studying A+, MCP, MCSDT, MCSA, MCSE