Whats the world coming to?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Sparky, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Ok, so I head off to the pub with the wife to watch the footy. We watch the Engerland crash out and have a few bevies at the same time. On the way back we head into Sainsburys for the weekly ‘big shop’ and head back to the flat for a few more beers and watch the TV.

We walk past the local ‘park’ where a few young guys have gathered with their birds for their weekly drinking sesh. Of course me walking past minding my own business is too much for them so I get loads of abuse hurled at me. I say to the wife ‘let’s just leave it’ and walk on.

5 mins later walking home I hear a pitter patter of feet behind me and all of a sudden ‘bang’, one of the guys has punched me from behind. I turn round and give it ‘wtf’ and all of a sudden another guy hits me. Must admit not the best 2 punches I’ve every had in my life and the two guys (around 18-20) are standing there with a few mates behind them. I said ‘whats the f**king problem’ and I just got another load of abuse that I could hardly understand. At the time I was standing there with 2 bags of shopping in both hands (all the essentials and a few Stellas) so I couldn’t cover my face as I got clobbered!

Home now, the wife is ok but slightly upset by the whole incident, but me, I’m more like ‘what’s the world coming to' when I cant walk home without getting into a punch up. Incidentally if I was with my mates at the time I would have battered the wee f**ker but I had the almighty Stella Artois in my shopping bag so I thought Id better leave it!

Anyways enjoying the football and sipping the Stella with an Ice Pack on my black eye, life in the fast lane! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Sparky,

seriously, sorry to hear that dude, but i think that was good to take a couple of punches, simply cuz you have your wife with you, dont know what those bastards would do if all of them attacked you... ...probably goes for her too?

have a few beers on CF and a few on your eye...

Chin up! You done the right thing...

3. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Sorry to hear that m8. Have you reported it to the Law? You should do, if only to make them aware of it. Sure, nothing is going to happen and it will be another statistic but if its not reported, then how canthe police help if it happens again?

Anyway Shi**y start to the weekend.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  4. Sparky

Cheers mate, the wife has turned in, she is ok but slightly upset by the whole thing. I told her there wasn’t much I could do to be honest. If I did fight back there was five of the wee f**kers so it wouldn’t have been nice!

Just looked in the mirror and I only have a small red mark above my right eye which isn’t too bad. It feels quite nippy but I have to meet a few new clients on Tuesday so hopefully they won’t notice. Bizarrely the whole thing happened in one of the more ‘posh’ areas of Glasgow which shows it can happen anywhere!

I’m not too bothered but when I was younger I wouldn’t have dreamt about jumping some older guy for no reason when I was out with my mates, it’s a shame that things are going this way but I feel it could be quite common throughout the whole of the UK. :ohmy

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  5. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

i can sympathise matey , i got kicked in by 3 lads about 5 years ago and it was only because id pulled seom lovely girl who didnt want to know them, they waited till i was on my own as well as my m,ates were out, just goes to show how much like the cowards they were.

I got done in pretty bad as well i looked like a flipping panda, i sort of wished id not of got as drunk as i did either i may have at least got one of the twats.

the way i see it if its one on one and both are willing to fight then fairs fair, but 5 on to one or 3 on to one takes the pee. i hate fighting and really dont see the need for it

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  6. Sparky

Update: Just got a call from a few of my mates who are in Glasgow City Centre for a few bevies (like we always do on a Saturday night) and I told them what had happened today. They are up for heading over and beating up the wee f**kers. LOL. It’s good to have the support of my mates but I told them to leave it.

Why? Well for a start we are all ‘past that’ as far as I’m concerned, also a few of my mates have kids so it only takes one nutter to pull a knife or do something stupid so I’m never going to place someone I care about in that situation. Also the police here are useless, fact! I remember one of my mates got jumped and he got arrested and got taken off by the police. Me? I was left with the thugs who beat him up but luckily I jumped into a taxi with a few girls I knew (that’s another story!) and managed to get outta there.

Stella is easing the pain! :inv

7. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

and god bless the twins Stella and Artios

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  8. Sparky

Got that right mate.

Just gave the wife a big hug, I can tell she is upset but trying to hide it, bloodshot eyes and all that jazz.

Eye has swollen up, so it looks like I’m going to be lurking in the office this week! :biggrin

9. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Sorry to hear that you got jumped by some arseholes, but just soak up all that sympathy mate.:D

Tonight you just proved to your missus how much of a man you really are. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  10. Sparky

Yup, when I tell the story to my mates I’ll be like “yeah, there was 15 of them but I scared them all off!”

Just take it on the chin and move on, that’s my way of looking at the whole thing. 8)

11. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Jeez , that's sh*t, Sparky - care to mention where in town it was ? I work up in the north of the city, and could ask if anyone knows of any "trouble" merchants in the area if you like ?

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  12. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Sorry to here about that Sparky, it's got me really annoyed. I hate cowardly things like that.

I know what you mean about being passed all that, maturity tends to creep up on you. Sheesh they must feel really proud of themselves for attacking a single bloke for know apparent reason. pathetic losers :x

Grrrr makes me want to spit!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  13. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Sorry to hear about that sparky, it just shows that when the brits get a few beers inside of them, they turn into total and utter morons, no wonder we have a bad name abroad.

Does this happen in your countries Nugget and Bluerinse?

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  14. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

Typical chavs. I usually try to stay away from threads like this (on other forums) because it makes my blood boil!

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  15. Sparky

Things don’t look too bad today. Face is just slightly red so it doesn’t look like I’ve been in a punch-up. 8)

Jak, it happened just outside Bearsden of all places! :ohmy

16. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

What do you mean? Not normally known for that kind of thing?

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  17. Sparky

Yeah, you wouldnt expect trouble in that area.

I dont know,'the youth of today'! :biggrin

18. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Ouch!! Sorry to hear you had a bad start to week end!

But, glad your still alive, it could of been a lot worse with them pulling out a knife on you! :(

Don't know what is wrong with people today, they got nothing better to do! :x

I don't know if you saw the story about the medical student who got stabbed in the news lately!

But the three BSTD's were caught on CTV, on it it showed the medical student talking to his mate casualy then these 3 blokes, came up and punch one bloke in the head, and the other two stab the medical student through the heart. All they were doing was sitting there talking.

Their excuse for this cowardy attack was they were drunk and didn't know what they were doing! :rolleyes:

The Police said the Knife attacks had gone up the recent weeks of the Knife Ammensty. :blink

Anyway Take it easy, hope next weeks better for you!

Monkey :biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  19. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

now that is shocking Sparky, so sorry to hear about that...youngsters today will never understand...it pains to think why they do it...what are they getting out of it? tell u wot Sparky, next time let me know and I will hurl a few of my bouncer mates up that way, they will show those little buggers what for...lol...hope all is well and give the wife my sympathies mate...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  20. Sparky

Thanks for all the support guys, it’s appreciated. 8)

Been out and about today, drove past the scene of the crime and there was loads of bottles of cider and god know what else scattered about, I guess they must have been boozing all day as it was great weather yesterday. That’s why I decided to walk home from the pub and not jump in a taxi.

So to conclude...
    Walking is bad: I should stick to my lazy ways and get a taxi everywhere.
    Stella is great: It eases the pain!
    Chavs can’t punch:LOL, I’m not acting the ‘tough guy’ but to have two free hits without me able to defend myself and I was still standing, I should have been decked out to be honest.

The main thing is that I’m ok and so is the wife, she seems to be back to normal today (laughing and joking) so I’m chuffed.

Buying a baseball bat off eBay as we speak....

Only kidding! :biggrin