1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what's next?

Discussion in 'Network+' started by mattshort, Sep 29, 2005.

1. mattshort

mattshort Bit Poster

well, i passed!!
    I was aiming for to break the 700 barrier after getting high 600's in A+, but alas, not quite. A pass is a pass however!

I totally agree with whats been said about N+ requiring slightly more understanding than memorizing (compared to A+). I think this makes it more interesting though, and thats why we should be doing these certs, isn't it?!

Veteran's Son: I think if you take the same approach and attitude toward your N+ work as you did with A+, then you'll definitely be able to pass - especially with prior knowledge! The exam is of a very similar nature to A+... if you know it then the question takes all of 10 seconds to read and answer! Good luck.

One more thing; I used the Mike Meyers' book again, but found it to be slightly out of date (especially regarding MAC OS X questions) and incomplete (re: questions on spanning trees, and MACs). This is compared to the A+ book, which covered absolutely everything that came up on the test for me! [both books were a good read though, which is the most important thing.] Who's complaining though - its not as if i could've scored 900/900 anyway!

M

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Didn't know they covered Spanning Tree Protocol in the Network+ these days.

BTW

CONGRATULATIONS! Well done, lad. Beers for everyone. :D

:beers2

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. mattshort

mattshort Bit Poster

maybe its me choosing the wrong answer then. the option did come up for two seperate questions however

cheers! :beers2

4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I just checked the Network+ official objectives and Spanning Tree Protocol is not mentioned at all. Here's wikipedia's take on them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanning_Tree_Protocol

Here's a couple of links from Cisco:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk621/tk5/tsd_technology_support_sub-protocol_home.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk621/tsd_technology_support_protocol_home.html

Was this info being presented in the Network+ or were the answers involving STP just red herrings?

5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Nice one mattshort - few ales tonight ?

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  6. mattshort

mattshort Bit Poster

7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

As I suspected. It would be a dirty rotten trick for Comptia to include a concept on their test that isn't included in their official objectives. :wink:

8. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Well done! I have read your advice for the test-thanks.
    I started to panic about the spanning trees as i have read the Sybex book and making progess on mikes with no mention. :)

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  9. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Well done on the pass Matt. Have a VB *toss* :alc

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  10. AJ

AJ Administrator Administrator

Nice one mate :thumbleft Well done :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Looking at doing ..................
  11. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Thanks for the reply, matt! :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+