what would you do

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zxspectrum, Feb 14, 2009.

1. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

It is obviously getting to you and it is something i think you have already worked out in your own head. Do what you need to do but remember your health. If that means biting your tongue and waiting till your cash comes through so be it.

It sounds to me like you know full well that this is not going to be resolved amicably and you envisage a huge row. If i was you and was worried about my health i would just plan on moving out when the cash came through and start looking at potential places before then. That way, when you do have a word and it all kicks off you are not stranded in a situation that is worse than before. Also perhaps it will give you a bit of peace in your own head as you know you have options.

I think you said something earlier about the BF asking you if you if you had found a new place yet. If he is asking that then it is blatantly obvious they want you out. You could stay and argue and possibly get booted out by the landlord as he sees them as less of a problem or you could plan to go yourself and relax because you have made the decision.

Like any major decision in life, good or bad, it is sometimes the stewing over that causes the most stress and not the doing. Resolving to bring it all up in April without a get out plan will only give you time to stress in the meantime. I would advise getting ready to go and leaving the option to stay if they really do want you to after you talk it through.

Good luck either way:D

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I agree with Arroryn's original suggestion and say that it's best you start looking for other accommodations. If you can't approach either the woman or her boyfriend and reasonably discuss your concerns, then there's no "magic bullet" that will fix this situation. I've lived in roommate situations in the past and it only works if the "give and take" is there between all parties.

There will always be minor disagreements of course, so put up with what you can. If these aren't issues you can just ignore (and it doesn't sound like you can), then leaving is the only other option. You also have your health to consider. Ive living there every day is stressful all by itself, you aren't doing yourself any favors by continuing in this environment.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Is the rent on a per person or a per room basis? If a per person, then wouldn't the landlord feel that perhaps he is losing money here? Or does he not give a damn provided he gets his £xxx per month from whoever is prepared to pay him?