What would you do if you came face to face with an intruder?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Juelz, May 7, 2016.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

someone has broken into your house, you come face to face with them inside your house, what would you do?

The law seems shady aparently you're allowed to use reasonable force but how can you class what is reasonable? Surely it depends on the situation, the intruder may want to kill you.

Discuss

2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Ask them to leave and call the police like Keanu Reaves ?

If they look violent be prepared to fight to the death, worry about the consequences afterward, better them than you.

3. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Are yo reffering to the "knock knock" movie?

4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

5. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

If it was a sexy lady or half decent lady I would be inclined to see if she wanted some wine. If its a bloke I would hit him with my baseball bat and my defence would be 'I thought he was throwing a baseball at me'. it would not stand up in court, but neither would the intruder......

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  6. Guvnor

Guvnor Nibble Poster

To be honest it's one of those situations of fight or flight, most will freeze. However not ever having been in the situation it's hard to say what exactly one would do. Many would freeze up or others would lash out.

The law is shady yes, I remember reading in the papers a little while back, I think it was in Manchester or Birmingham, some burglars broke into a house and they tied up the family inside, at the time there was only a single male with his family anyway story cut short, the father and an older brother came to the house whilst it's being robbed and family are tied up, the guy tied up managed to release himself and a scuffle broke out in which the burglars ran out of the house they gave chase with a cricket bat and beat one of them up so bad he had to have brain surgery and was put in a wheelchair . Law ruled in the favour of the burglars and said when they had left the house you or your family were under no immediate threat or danger yet you chose to chase them down to the corner of the street and you inflicted unnecessary violence if you did that in the house then it would have been a different matter , later they were jailed, not sure what happened after that.

7. FlashDangerpants

FlashDangerpants Byte Poster

I would grease up and chase that guy in the nakey until the cops took me down with a tazer.

Certifications: MCITP Exchange 2010, MCSA Svr 2012
    WIP: Exchange 2013