What was the last non IT book you read?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by JK2447, Nov 1, 2009.

1. 1/4

1/4 Byte Poster

Currently ploughing through the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. On Book ... 8 now. The Path of Daggers. :)

Certifications: A+, N+
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Cookies81

Cookies81 Bit Poster

is that any good, been looking at getting it, but 12 books is putting me off, i started the dark tower series but stephen king got to the middle of the 4th book 3 years ago and havent picked it up since

Certifications: None
    WIP: Comptia A+ and Network+
  3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Most of what I read is non-IT. I'm currently reading Anathem by Neal Stephen. It's work, but seems interesting so far.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  4. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

They are fantastic books but could have been done in half the amount of books really. Rober Jordan died after doing book 11, so 12 was partially done. He had extensive notes on what was meant to happen and it was passed to another author ... who decided it should be three books instead of one.

I stopped at 11, and when it's all finished, I'll buy 12, 13 & 14.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  5. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

Frankie Boyle - My **** Life So Far, it was a christmas presents from my brother

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
    Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  6. veloce

veloce Byte Poster

like many, I find it tough to open up a book after closing a sybex etc.

I re-read LOTR once each year (is that weird? Probably)

Lately I have been reading The Book of Werewolves ( S Baring-Gould) on Amazon Kindle via smartphone.
    I have a small boxing fitness book coming from Amazon this week, so likely to be stuck in it in the not to distant....

Certifications: A+
    WIP: BSc Hons Computing & IT
  7. 1/4

1/4 Byte Poster

Most of the criticism it receives is fair, but it's failures stand above other books successes in my opinion (at this point).

I actually download them as audiobooks and listen to them. The narration is actually rather good compared against some notable other books that were ruined by sloppy narration.

Before this I read the mongol series by Conn Iggulden, that was also very good.

Certifications: A+, N+
    WIP: 70-680
  8. dingy

dingy Bit Poster

Just reread Flashman and the first of Spike Milligans war memoirs.
    I've got a ton of books to read but no time because of mcdst, maybe when I win the lottery I'll do all the reading I want to do after I get tired of all the debauchery I've got planned.:biggrin

Certifications: A+,N+,MCDST
    WIP: Relax
  9. TheITCrowd

TheITCrowd Kilobyte Poster

The Moon's a Balloon - David Niven
    Rags to Richie: The Story So Far - shane richie
    Memoirs of a Fruitcake - chris evans (cost me £1.00 from pound shop)
    The Difficult Second Book-Chris Moyles
    On the Edge: My Story-Richard Hammond

Think there is a bit of a pattern forming :biggrin

Certifications: Network + |CCNA |MCTS-70-680,MCTS-70-401, MCTS-70-656, MCTS-70-351 |HP AIS ProCurve Networking -2011 | HP2-896 |VCD-CP27|JNCIA |Hewlett Packard ASE - Network Infrastructure (2011)
    WIP: 642-813