1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Training Provider, aarrghhhh - confused?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Ross, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Ross

Ross Bit Poster

Hey guys, I've given in and I'm asking the million Dollar question - What Training Provider do I use?

I would like to achieve my Windows 7 Config and Enterprise Desktop Admin.

I initially was going with Computeach, then I shopped about and decided to go with ITOnlineLearning - and now I've just found out about Lynda and Pluralsight - and they look great?

I've looked at CBT Nuggets but I am interested in keeping costs down, has anybody used one of these Providers for the Courses I'm interested in please?

Certifications: I.T NVQ Levels 1 and 2, ECDL, A+, SDI, Senior SDI, ITIL, NVQ Management L3
    WIP: CompTIA N+
  2. Alex_xelA

Alex_xelA New Member

self study for a fraction of the cost, post questions on forums, have discussions on forums

I'm an ex Advent student and after that ordeal I can't imagine for the life of me why someone wants to spend 5 times (maybe more) as much going through a training provider instead of self studying

That's my take on it anyhow! :) good luck in whichever path you choose

Certifications: None at present
    WIP: Comptia A+
  3. Ross

Ross Bit Poster

Appreciate your feedback, thanks :)

Certifications: I.T NVQ Levels 1 and 2, ECDL, A+, SDI, Senior SDI, ITIL, NVQ Management L3
  4. FlashDangerpants

FlashDangerpants Nibble Poster

I tried itonlinelearning once. There was a load of video of some guy who is no doubt highly expert in IT, but unfortunately is semi-literate at best. Has was just reading (haltingly) from Powerpoint slides, and it was impossible to learn from him.

Certifications: MCITP Exchange 2010, MCSA Svr 2012
    WIP: Exchange 2013
  5. Ross

Ross Bit Poster

Haha - thanks Dangerpants :)

Well I have decided to go with Pluralsight it's £29 per month, can be cancelled at any time - I think that will complement my Home Study.