What to do with braindumps

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by aw69, Jun 18, 2006.

1. aw69

aw69 Byte Poster

I know that from reading other threads what u all think of brain dumps but I had downloaded some before I came to this site, so I thought of a way of using them to help me. What I did was I bought a copy of Visual CertExam Designer and I am in the process of convert them from pdf to word to my own exam and then when I am ready use them when I am using other exams I have bought. It is a long drawn out process of imputing the questions but I think it will be worth at the end

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+ Network+
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Aaawwww no!
    Don't mention braindumps!
    We'll be here for weeks now!

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

in my opinion, no matter how much you think you can justify it, it's still cheating.

4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Braindumps?!?! What!?!?! :twisted:

Rant! Rant! Rant! Cheating! Rant! Rant Rant! Makes certs worthless! Rant! Rant! Rant! Dishonest! Rant! Rant! Rant! :twisted:

You get me? :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

you actually have the cheek to still ask then? :dry :x

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  7. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Oh..no not another thread on Brain dumps. :shocked It's not designed for people who like to cheat, it is designed for those people who are a bunch of thickies!

Let's face it, there are Mike meyers books out there, there's learnkey - interactive CD rom training, there's boot camps for quick rides and there's the self study route for slow rides.
    Not forgetting there's Certforums where normal people who have been there, got the tee-shirt and still willing to help others who ask the same question for the millionith time. Why because they were new once themselves and are decent IT people.

Yet with all this wealth of information, you still contemplate about using brain dumps????

I think your an insult to the members of Certforums.
    If I ran CF I'd ban you for life! and then pelt you in the face with rotten vegtables! :behead

Braindumps are for losers...no matter what you say you are using them for!
    :duel :knife

Monkey :iluvcf

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  8. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Well said monkey! :D

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  9. elli5on

elli5on Kilobyte Poster

What would b the point of doing this in the first place? Fair enough you may gain a qualification for something that realistically you would know nothing about.

Go for your job interview, make yourself look like a complete :rolleyes: when questions are thrown your way(if any), which im sure there would be.

You get the job, Go out into the field(with an expereinced engineer at first of course). A month or so down the line and you are let loose alone. It suddenly smacks you right between the eyes, '' I really am as thick my GCSE'S told me''

P45 the following week.

Great for your CV :biggrin

Certifications: A+ N+
    WIP: Thinking of MCDST
  10. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

LOL. Ummm.... Can anyone say, "box of rocks" to describe the brainpower being put into this decision?

Braindumps are known to contain a lot of wrong answers as well as correct answers. So, if you are going to insist on using them you'll not only deserve to miss the questions you miss because the answers you memorized were wrong, you'll deserve to get fired from your first few jobs too because you won't know how to do the work.

But, what does that matter to you? You will have the shiny little piece of paper that you think equals a job and big money.... You won't really know anything, but you'll have that all important piece of paper that will get you nowhere without knowledge.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  11. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

There is no way of using braindumps for good use other then just memorizing the questions and earning a qualificaiton that you actualy dont know much about. You could use practice questions to study, but no the "braindumps". Anyways read up the material, prepair for the exam with practice questions not braindumps and earn the cert.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  12. phoenix510

phoenix510 Byte Poster

I think that went quite well :D

Certifications: ECDL, MOS WORD & Excel, MCDST
    WIP: A+ & 70-270
  13. superal

superal Bit Poster

Yes Im a Thicko newbie.... what exactly is a BRAINDUMP?

It sounds like its best not to know!?

Certifications: None in IT
    WIP: MCSE possibly maybe!?
  14. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

heres Wiki's explanation and should not be done